Monday, October 17, 2011

I don't usually share my relationship status...

Dear Coffee,

What happened to us? We used to be so happy. You were so strong and bold and I was so tired in the mornings. We were a perfect match. With a little milk- you would make my favorite color. I used to want to paint a room after you. Now I'm not so sure.

I thought that coming to this place where you are cultivated would bring us closer together but this has not been the case. In fact, it has driven us apart. Here, you are instant. Instant?! At least have the dignity to require time to make. Often in the mornings I find you luke warm and on bad days watered down until... cold. Sometimes you're made with so much sugar I go into a diabetic shock just holding you in my cup. It's just wrong. Since when did we have to use powdered milk? What have we come to?

Anyway, I'm switching to tea. At least until I'm done living with host families and I can prepare you the way I like. So many coffee plants around and nothing fresh to drink. It's a shame, really.

Truly,
Erica

1 comment:

  1. so touching. my heart breaks to see the two of you part ways. you say for a time, but i wonder if in that time you two will have nothing in common. and that this is truly the end for the two of you. i don't know where the saying parting is such sweet sorrow. because it is not sweet! it sucks. especially if it is forever. that being said, good luck coffee. hope you get the girl in the end; and i hope your heart isn't broken up too much. there are other women out there.

    ReplyDelete