Friday, August 10, 2012

Fake Poop

Check out this story about the Gates Foundation and their research to promote sanitation and prevent disease transmission through development.

Some think it's strange that I study poop, worked in a sewage treatment plant (wastewater treatment plant... Or uhh, water reclamation facility) and build latrines. It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

Remember that concrete slab and toilet seat I was working on? Here is the finished latrine (right) and the old latrine on the left. The old one was about 10 feet from the kitchen area at this house. Now, the new latrine is about 30 feet downhill. 

2 comments:

  1. I have printed off an article from the Seattle Times to mail you. I am glad you heard about this endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow wastewater reclamation facility worker, I can certainly sympathize :o) Then Andy did his masters at a sewer treatment facility... I think Andy and I are doomed to work in wastewater for our entire lives. It's an important and noble cause, I say!
    So glad Tim pointed me to your blog. Can't wait to read more updates!

    ReplyDelete